High Protein Diet Recipe: Cheesy Cast – Iron Skillet Scrambled Eggs
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, cut into thin rounds, seeds included
- 12 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
1. In a large cast-iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeño and cook until soft (5–7 minutes). Stir in eggs, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft curds form (about 3 minutes).
2. Remove skillet from heat and mix in the goat cheese and chives. Serve immediately with whole-grain toast or English muffin, if desired.
Crumbled goat cheese is stirred into these scrambled eggs giving them a creamy consistency. These Cheesy Cast-Iron Skillet Scrambled Eggs are just as good for supper as they are for breakfast or brunch.
Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup eggs)
Calories per serving: 234
Fat per serving: 17.4g
Saturated fat per serving: 8.3g
Monounsaturated fat per serving: 5.6g
Polyunsaturated fat per serving: 2.2g
Protein per serving: 16g
Carbohydrate per serving: 2g
Fiber per serving: 0.0g
Cholesterol per serving: 391mg
Iron per serving: 2mg
Sodium per serving: 310mg
Calcium per serving: 88mg
*Unless otherwise stated, individual results may vary depending on many factors not all patients “feel” or achieve the same results.