Wrinkles occur when the collagen in your skin breaks down. As we lose collagen, the skin becomes thinner and creases form. Increasing collagen level in your body may help decrease the appearance of wrinkles in your face. Being young and radiant looking doesn’t have to be expensive. Where can you find a natural collagen?
Natural collagen is found on animal skin, bones and joints preferably pasture raised. So, the all-time favorite and inexpensive source of collagen is bone broth. When bones are cooked, it breaks down the collagen and becomes an easily digestible gelatin. Here’s how to make your home-made collagen source.
How to Make a super rich and tasty Bone Broth
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 to 4 lbs. of leftover bones from a chicken dinner, heads and feet
- 4 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp. of organic unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 large onions, unpeeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, scrubbed and coarsely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 2-3 garlic cloves, lighty smashed
- Heat water.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Add chicken bones, head and feet and bring to boil.
- Add 2 tbsp vinegar and keep adding water if it boils down too far.
- Boil for a couple of hours until broth is rich.
- Add carrots, parsley and celery stalks and boil for 10 minutes.
- Collect your broth and pour it through a strainer into a pot.
A dish can always be both delicious and nutritious. You can enjoy your bone broth hot or a jello-like broth when cooled.