15 Power Foods for a Healthier Body
When it comes to food, we often miss what is best for our body. It has been a hard decision for most people to choose which food to eat for a better physique and a good body build. Here are 15 Power Foods that would help you choose food better everyday. This is only a guide and you can always pick good alternatives for these foods.
1. Eggs. You can add an egg to any meal you have, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. According to a study, subjects who eat three eggs per day gain more mass and strength than those who only eat one or none. It maintains testosterone levels and is also a good source of protein.
2. Beef. Organic beef is a very important part of lunch or dinner. It is a good source of protein, conjugate linoleic acid and omega-3 fatty acid. This helps in shedding body fat and boost muscle mass and strength.
3. Salmon. This is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acid that helps enhance insulin sensitivity for muscle protein synthesis. It is also responsible for the conversion of prostaglandins which promotes numerous processes in the body.
4. Greek Yogurt. Yogurts are great sources of protein but Greek yogurt contains thrice as much protein as regular ones. Not only protein, it has probiotic bacteria and calcium.
5. Lentils. Lentils are inexpensive and is rich in protein, fiber, and minerals. Toss some lentils in your lunch to provide extra protein and fiber.
6. Bread. You can eat slow-digesting carbs anytime of the day. Choose bread made of whole grains such as wheat, millet, or barley. Whole grains contain all nine amino acids that helps protein growth. Also carbs will give you energy throughout the day.
7. Brown Rice. Eat brown rice for lunch or dinner to give you enough energy throughout your workout. It provides fiber to slow down digestion and keep insulin levels steady.
Veggies and Fruits
8. Watermelon. It is a good post-workout food. It is one of the few fast-digesting fruits, which means, it’s a good post-workout carbohydrate source.
9. Spinach. We all saw how Popeye grew his muscles. Scientifically, it promotes muscle growth because of the presence of glutamine- an amino acid vital for muscle synthesis. It is also rich in antioxidants.
10. Broccoli. Broccoli helps lower estrogen levels which leads to slower fat gain. It also boosts the anabolic effect of testosterone which promotes muscle development and growth.
11. Brazil Nuts. They are good in-between-meal snacks. It promotes heart health and joint healing due to high levels of monounsaturated fats (good fats). Brazil nuts are also rich in selenium which promotes a more active thyroid that leads to muscle growth and development.
12. Walnuts. Walnut is another great in-between-meal snack. It is rich in omega-3 for heart health, muscle growth and strength gain. They are also best before-bedtime foods.
13. Milk. Low -fat milk is ideal for breakfast and protein shakes in between meals. Milk contains whey and casein protein which is vital for muscle development. Studies also shows that milk is a, great help in dropping body fats.
14. Pomegranate Juice. This is good for pre-workout shakes because of its potent anti-oxidant content that helps ward off diseases.
15. Tea. Brew a tea in the morning or chill tea for workout. It is a good cleansing drink. It has antimicrobial properties, It also helps in reducing carcinogens in the body and flushing out excess body fats.
Knowledge is the key to a healthier body. Read more articles about health to know more about what foods to eat or how to exercise properly. I hope this list of 15 power foods will help you choose better food for a healthier body.
*Unless otherwise stated, individual results may vary depending on many factors not all patients “feel” or achieve the same results.